Friday, January 7, 2011

2010

I have to keep reminding myself its only January 7. In my mind, this month is already over and I've moved forward to February. Geesh! I should have no fear, there's still plenty of time to provide you my 2010 recap. Happy reading. 
Here's 2009



2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I celebrated one year of wedded bliss with my husband. Also, we traveled to Europe for the first time.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember setting any official "resolutions" last year, but Andi and I did do a great job saving money and paying off bills. Yay for us! That's a big accomplishment.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 

Uh, just about everyone I know (except me). My friends Jessie, Shelley, Julie and Val and cousins Tara and Jen.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thankfully. 



5. What countries did you visit?

Andi and I fortunately traveled to Maui in March, British Columbia, Canada in July and London and Paris in December.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?

A baby.

7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?

July 31 - first wedding anniversary

Every weekend we spent at cabin = bliss

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?

I had another successful year in my professional life, having the opportunity to develop national marketing and sustainability programs. I also feel like I've really grown into my marriage, becoming more enamored with my husband than I've ever been. 


9. What's your biggest failure?
This year I wanted to join a small group bible study or an adult fellowship group at church ... and I never got around to it. I don't know if that's a failure, but I wish I would've accomplished both.



10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Andi and I stayed relatively healthy this year.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

We didn't buy it, but the cabin we rented for the summer was my favorite investment of the year. We had so many great memories there and it was, by far, the brightest spot of our summer.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My husband's. He's developed a thriving advertising agency in just over a year. I'm so proud of his dedication and commitment to his employees and his clients. He deserves every bit of success that's come his way. 



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I guess I would say the oil spill and whole mess with BP. It was really depressing to watch that mess go on day after day this summer.

14. Where did most your money go? 
Bills and travel.



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

As envious as I might have been, I was really excited for all my friends and family members who became moms in 2010. So many of their lives changed dramatically and I loved sharing in part of that experience.



16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

"Need You Now" and "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum
These tracks were on repeat all summer long.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter, richer. I'd say it was a good year, wouldn't you?


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

I honestly can't come up with an answer to this question. I wanted to say "spend more time with my husband" but we've made great memories this year. Travel more? We've had the chance to visit some amazing places. I'm so fortunate for the year I had.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Working Saturdays this fall.



20. How did you spend Christmas?

Andi and I celebrated Christmas in Minnesota this year. We hosted a progressive dinner for his parents and sister on December 23, went to his grandma's for Christmas Eve and his parent's house for Christmas Day. The week after Christmas, we flew to Nebraska and celebrated with my family.


21. Did you fall in love with 2010?

Yes, I feel like I did. My love for Andi has grown so much deeper in the last year. I love being married to him; he's my best friend and I've never felt more content and more happy.



22. What was your favorite TV program?

In addition to last year's favorites (How I Met Your Mother, Mad Men and Big Love) -- The Tudors on Showtime. This show is fantastically addictive and sexy.



23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone.



24. What was the best book you read?

I read some really good books in 2010. I liked The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Red Tent but my favorite book of 2010 was The Help. 


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I have no musical discovery. This is not my strong suit. I listened to more country this year and found some good artists I enjoy such as Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift. 


26. What did you want and get?

Quality time with my husband. I've learned how to better cope with Andi's busy work schedule and really enjoy the time we spend together.  


27. What did you want and not get?

A kiddo, I guess.  


28. What was your favorite film of 2010?

Watching Food Inc. really influenced the way I purchase and consume food.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 29 in 2010. Andi took me to breakfast at the Ivy Hotel and we toasted with screwdrivers (our favorite relaxation drink). Then he treated me to spa treatments at Ivy Spa and we made dinner at home.



30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Winning the lottery. 


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?

I found jeggings in 2010 and I actually really love them. It's like wearing comfy stretchy pant that look trendy. I love them!



32. What kept you sane?

My girlfriends (I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about how much I wanted to be pregnant) and writing in my blog. My own little place on the Internet has helped me keep a journal of my thoughts and feelings and been a therapeutic outlet to express my emotions. 



33. What political issue stirred you the most?

It's been interesting to watch all the politics in Washington this year. I sometimes wonder what would happen if both sides worked together to actually accomplish things instead of moving forward and repealing bills?  


34. Who did you miss?

My Nebraska family and friends. I wish there were opportunities for them to come up to Minnesota and visit. 



35. Who was the best new person you met?

I've developed some new friendships with fellow bloggers, some of which I feel like I know so much about. It's been get to know others in this way. 



36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

I've learned to have more patience for Andi's work schedule and found more comfort in spending time by myself. This realization has given me a sense of peace and comfort like I've never experienced. 


37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Chains do not hold a marriage together.  It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.  ~Simone Signoret

No comments:

Post a Comment